With the help of orthodontic treatment, patients of all ages have the ability to restore and repair their smile in a short amount of time! Crooked teeth can become a serious problem the longer they stay since the issue could be more than just being un-aesthetically pleasing. Your teeth may not be cleaned properly if they're overlapping, which can lead to tooth decay and possibly gum disease or tooth loss. While these are extreme scenarios, they are also major possibilities and shouldn't be ignored.
If patients have an orthodontic problem that goes unresolved, it can lead to difficulty chewing, talking, digestion issues, and abnormal surface wear of the tooth. It can also lead to problems in the jaw, cause headaches or migraines, and even result in neck pain.
Orthodontic treatment can be done at any time, but the American Association of Orthodontics highly recommends that children get an evaluation no later than the age of 7. This will ensure maximum dental health and improve their care in the future.
Traditional metal braces correct and improve many of the following issues:
• Crowding: Extra teeth or misaligned teeth.
• Breathing Problems: Snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea.
• Overbite/Underbite/Crossbite: When your teeth aren't properly aligned at the top or bottom.
• Extra Teeth: Genetic/inherited issues, or a result of decay or injury.
• Gaps: Either teeth haven't grown in, missing, they're too small or too large.
• Self-Esteem Issues: Patients can easily be self-conscious about the way their smile looks.
To learn more about our treatment, call your Bronx orthodontist today at (718) 792-0137.